The Woodrite Monmouth Range are panel built up and over garage doors made with oak moulding and oak faced exterior grade plywood. The Panel Oak range are available in either Masta Gear or Super Chassis lifting gear. Canopy Gear is not available.
Plywood is used as Oak is very prone to expansion and change as it ages. It is also very heavy.
Panel Built doors are doors mounted into a steel box section chassis or aluminium section framework enabling the door to have great rigidity and stability as the framework itself gives the strength not the timber infill sections.
The Masta gear is a 'do it all' type retractable gear with greater flexibility on height sizes whilst the Super Chassis gear is a derivative of the Hormann Series 2000 retractable type operating gear with highly engineered components. The Super Chassis gear is also available with a steel fixing sub frame option, prefitted from the factory on all single size doors.
All the ordering sizes refer to the internal dimensions of the sub frame.
If using a timber sub frame the width of the legs must be at least 70mm wide for the operating mechanism.
Domestic up and over timber garage doors.
Fully finished doors are also available in a range of colours.
Care and Maintenance of Woodrite Up and Over Doors:
click here to view PDF >
Hormann Promatic and Supramatic Operators:
For information on the Hormann Garage Door Operators, please click here PDF >
The Woodrite order sizes refer to the internal dimensions of the timber fixing sub frame. i.e a 7' x 7' door order size means you need a timber sub frame with an internal size of 7' x 7'. When ordered with a steel frame the frame is already fitted and the tolerances are lightly tighter than a timber frame.
For further information on the Woodrite Up and Over Doors, please click here >
1. During the comprehensive 2 year guarantee period Woodrite undertake to repair or replace (at its discretion), and without charge, products or components which have suffered any form of manufacturing defect. Claims must be notified within 3 days from the date of delivery or within a reasonable time after discovery of any defect.
2. Products covered by these guarantees must have been purchased through an authorised Woodrite garage door supplier or as original equipment attached to a newly built dwelling.
3. The warranties shall apply for normal use only. Normal use constitutes no more than 5 operations (open/close cycles) per day.
4. The warranties offered attach to Woodrite product only and no consequential damages will apply no matter how caused.
5. No liability will be accepted as a result of normal wear and tear, incorrect storage, incorrect handling, faulty installation, incorrect use or wilful damage.
6. Claims under this guarantee must be made through the original supplier and accompanied by relevant documentation indicating the date of purchase (e.g. receipt).
7. Woodrite’s maximum liability shall be the original purchase price inclusive of Value Added Tax at the rate prevailing when supplied.
8. Any product which is the subject of a claim:
i) must have been correctly installed in accordance with the installation instructions supplied and thereafter properly maintained by a suitably experienced engineer on a regular basis as set out in the Maintenance and Operating Instructions provided with every door. (Additional copies of these instructions are available by contacting the installer or the manufacturing company). We recommend that regular maintenance is provided by a suitably experienced engineer.
ii) must have the manufacturers reference number still intact
iii) must not have been modified in any way.
9. Claims will not be accepted where the cause is due to:
i) impact or mechanical damage suffered during or following installation, e.g
scratches, indentations, tears, scuffs or other surface abrasion.
ii) damage or discolouration caused by contact with any form of caustic, abrasive or corrosive substance, fumes, bird droppings, fire, smoke, floodwater, salts, acids, or from exposure to abnormal atmospheric pollution.
10. The Exterior Finish Guarantee applies only to the weatherside surface and where more than 5% of the surface area of the door is affected. Surfaces must be freely exposed to washing by rainfall and kept clear of accumulated dirt and debris and given equal exposure to local environmental conditions and consistent natural lighting conditions across the face of the door. Special attention is drawn to Clause (9) (ii).
11. Basecoated timber doors are supplied with a dip immersion coat of Teknos low build matt water based basecoat of light oak. This operation is for temporary protection for transit and installation purposes only. If the timber panel becomes exposed to excessive water splashes or rain it may result in water marks or stains which could effect the final coating of the door. The topcoat finish must be applied immediately after installation to all surfaces. We recommend a Teknos high build microporous water based finishing stain or equivalent.
12. Fully finished RAL colours - Tannin bleed through is possible with Western Red Cedar on white and pale colours. Whilst Woodrite Doors Limited uses tannin blockers within the primer, Woodrite will not guarantee against this phenomenon.
13. Idigbo - The stain used will offer an up to 5 yr protection as per the normal
guarantee, within this time scale you will find that the colour may fade. This is a natural process and does not effect the protection of the stain.
14. Storage – All doors are delivered with cardboard and shrink wrap protection, this should remain in place until final finishing on site. Doors must always be stored in an upright position and protected from possible contaminations prior to fixing.
Do not store doors in direct sunlight. Do not puncture the polythene shrink wrap before installation. Do not expose doors to water contaminations, as staining may occur.
15. Attempted repairs by non-qualified individuals shall invalidate this guarantee.
16. The specific terms of this guarantee shall only apply to products purchased on or after September 2010 within the UK and Eire.
17. Woodrite garage doors and associated products are sold subject to the Woodrite’s Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, copies of which are available upon request.
Woodrite shall not be liable as a result of any representation, implied warranty or other term or condition or for any consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims whatsoever except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Periodically clean the door panel using warm water and a soft cloth or sponge. Allow to dry naturally. Never use detergent, abrasive, caustic or solvent based cleaners as they may damage the door surface. Bird droppings should be removed immediately as these can be particularly caustic.
Door Servicing and Maintenance
All doors should be operated and maintained in line with operating and maintenance instructions supplied with every door. Every six months visually inspect all wear items (including cables) for signs of wear. If wear is detected we recommend you contact your supplier to arrange for a replacement. Garage door springs are under extreme tension and should only be repaired or replaced by a suitably qualified engineer.