If you're looking for a new garage door, it can be quite daunting to get your head around everything. This quick guide is here to help you understand the different types of door, and why more than one kind exists.
Each category contains a link to further information on that type of door. If you have any further questions that aren't covered here, please contact us by email or telephone (01926 463888).
Click on a door type to expand the list:
The most recogniseable style, this tried and tested door design does exactly what it suggests; it goes up and over the opening in one piece. Vastly popular for a reason, the Up and Over easily achieves the purpose of a Garage Door.
- Generally the cheapest style
- Reliable, tried and tested design
- Provide weatherproofing
- Huge choice of design, colour and material
- Two choices of opening mechanism
A slightly more complex door mechanism, these doors are built in sections that open upwards and then curve back into the garage on horizontal rails. Perfect for automation, these doors offer a space saving alternative to Up and Over's.
- Fantastic Security strength
- Impressive insulation qualities
- Great for short driveways or garages
- Stylish and well engineered
- Vertical Opening - Park right up against the door
- Available in large dimensions, for bigger garages
Roller Doors also open vertically, but rather than going back into the space these doors curl into a roll above the opening. Suited for installations with limited headroom, but not sacrificing on security and insulation.
- Vertical Opening
- Easy installation
- Strong security properties
- Suited to automation or manual operation
- Good insulation qualities
- Space saving, perfect for small or obstructed garages
No bonuses for guessing where this door goes. A Round-the-Corner Door acts like a cross between a sectional and a roller, sliding off to one side and along an inside wall. Great for easy pedestrian access and partial opening.
- Horizontal Opening
- Even weight distribution for smooth easy opening
- Partial opening for easy pedestrian access
- Suited to large openings
- Easily maintained
Opening like traditional double doors, Side Hinged Doors are a timeless option for a garage. Perfect for garages that require regular pedestrian access.
- Allows quick access to pedestrians
- Stylish, traditional appearance
- Available in a range of materials
- Good insulation to garage
- Easily installed
- Low maintenance, easy operation
- Automation optional