Garador Up and Over Service and Support
Garador Up and Over Service and Support
Operation | Maintenance | Cleaning | Locking | Finish-Steel Doors | Finish-Timber Doors | Finish-GRP Doors | Paint Finish-Steel Doors | Warranty - Warranty Period | Requirements - Performance | Electric Operator Warranty
- For opening the door in manual operation use only the outside handle or inside handle. Never use the pull rope during the opening cycle of the door.
- For closing the door from the outside – the pull rope fixed to the internal handle is only designed to pull the door towards you whilst standing within the entrance of the garage until the door can be pushed down by hand, then using the external handle for final closing.
- For closing the door from the inside – the pull rope already mentioned is designed to be pulled away from you, when facing the front entrance of the garage, until the internal handle is able to be reached, by hand, and used for final closing. The pull rope is not designed to be used for any other part of the operating cycle, or any other purpose. Failure to comply with the above instructions may result in injury to persons or property.
- When the door is operated from either outside or inside, check the area through which the door will travel is clear from people and objects. Failure to do so may result in injury to persons or property.
- When closing, ensure the latches engage properly.
- If the door is power-operated always try to ensure you match the door with a Garador Electric operator to ensure full compliance with the Machinery Directive. If another make must be used always consider any compatibility/compliance issues.
- If in doubt about any of these maintenance procedures below always consult a Garador Specialist. Garador Ltd. has a nationwide network of recommended installers who will be able to offer you a regular maintenance service on your garage door. Please call Garador or refer to the Garador website for further details of your nearest Installer.
- Immediately after the door is fitted and after every 5,000 operations of the door, or at least once a year, oil all pivot points, check screws and clamped connections for tightness, keep the running tracks clean (do not grease them), check parts and replace any worn components where necessary.
- The springs should be replaced after approx. 25,000 operations by an experienced door fitter (see fitting and operation instructions).
- Do not oil the lock cylinder; if it is sticking, only lubricate with graphite dust.
- For canopy doors only, check the cable every 6 months with normal usage (8 operations per day). Have the cables replaced by an expert if any wear is found.
- The door, and frame if applicable, should be washed with a mild soap-based solution on a regular basis to prevent the build up of dirt, salts and other corrosive substances and help maintain the aesthetic appearance of the product.
- If the door is installed in a seafront location, the door panel and frame should be cleaned in this way at least every two months.
- We also suggest that all other components be brushed down on a regular basis to prevent the build up of dirt and dust etc.
If the key is turned completely, the door is then locked or unlocked; when unlocked it is then possible to open and close the door by turning the handle.
If the key is turned 1⁄4 of the way, the door opened and then the key returned to its start position, the door will re-lock when closed.
By moving the internal locking “snib”, it is possible to lock and unlock the door from the inside without using the key.
The coating process applied to the door and chassis is environmentally friendly. Minor scratches or marks are not covered under the conditions of our warranty and should be repaired immediately to prevent corrosion and deterioration of the panel. Corrosive such as acids, alkalis, and salts, etc. should be cleaned from the door immediately; failure to do so will result in deterioration of the finish, which will not be covered under our warranty. If you choose to paint your powder coated door then prepare the surface lightly with wet and dry. Then treat with two coats of a normal commercial pain for external use (cellulose paints must not be used).
Timber doors are supplied poly-wrapped, and the timber panels coated with a neutralising base-stain (except Cavendish, which is supplied untreated). Doors must be stored upright, under cover, with wrapping intact, until wrapping is removed. As soon as the door is unwrapped, one coat of a good quality base coat primer must be applied to both sides of the door.
Immediately after installation, your timber doors require a further two coats of a good quality exterior wood finish on both sides. Initial application and periodic treatment should be carried out strictly in accordance with the wood stain manufacturer’s instructions. Failure to follow these instructions will result in early deterioration of the timber panel.
GRP door panels should periodically washed down using soapy water. This should be done more frequently if fitted near the sea. Bird droppings will bleach the finish on GRP, and should be removed using soapy water as soon as possible.
GRP doors should not be painted over.
Garador steel doors are a finished product. They do not require re-painting on site. They are however not immune to damage, which can occur at any stage of the handling of the product from factory to site. Minor surface damage can easily be repaired using touch up sprays or sticks without invalidating warranties. For extra peace of mind, order your steel door poly-wrapped at the factory to help prevent damage from occurring prior to installation.
In the unlikely event of a warranty claim becoming necessary, please contact the dealer or distributor who originally supplied your garage door. Your dealer should then supply details of the claim, together with a copy of the warranty card provided with the door and proof of purchase to the Warranty Department at Garador Ltd. To enable your claim under warranty to be processed as quickly as possible, you should provide the following details:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Original invoice with date of purchase
- Product description/door type and product number
- Description of defect
An assessment of the claim will then be made. This may require Garador to inspect the product in-situ. In the event that there is no legitimate warranty claim under the terms specified herein, you may be liable for the costs of the inspection visit. We strongly recommend that you take note of the care and usage instructions displayed on the stickers on the back of your garage door, and on the page opposite, and that you follow these instructions throughout.
The purchaser is granted a warranty covering the safe and reliable function of the Garador garage door for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase.The warranty period for replacement parts is 6 months or to the end of the current warranty period, whichever is longer. In the case of foil-coated timber-effect doors, a warranty of 5 years is granted, for timber and GRP doors a warranty of 2 years is granted on the door panels alone under the terms and conditions specified herein.The door mechanism and steel frame (if applicable) is covered by the 10 year warranty period.
Warranty claims are only applicable in the country where the garage door was purchased. The product must have been purchased through our authorised distribution channels. The warranty only covers damage to the contract object. The fully completed warranty card together with the receipt of purchase correspondingly dated substantiates your right to claim under the warranty.
During the warranty period we undertake to rectify any and all defects to the Garador product which can be proved to be attributed to a material or manufacturing fault. We pledge at our discretion either to exchange the defective merchandise for faultless merchandise, repair it or allow a reduction in price. We do not accept costs for dismantling and installation nor for carriage. Replaced parts become our property. The warranty does not cover damage caused through:
- normal wear and tear
- improper installation
- negligent care and maintenance
- improper initial and subsequent operation
- negligent or wanton destruction
- external influences such as fire, water, salts, alkaline solutions, acids, abnormal environmental influences
- mechanical damage through improper transport and fitting
- priming and other surface protection treatments
- incorrect or too late applied surface protection treatments
- repair by non-qualified persons
- using non-Garador parts without the approval of the manufacturer
- removal of the product number or making it unidentifiable
A separate 5 year warranty is granted on our electric operators. This includes operator mechanics, motor and motor control system. A 2 year warranty is granted on radio equipment, accessories and system controls. There is no warranty on consumables (e.g. fuses, batteries, lamps etc).